Matwork Teacher Training
2023 Mat Pilates teacher training programs are scheduled in Sydney, Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Registrations are open NOW!
Pilates Mat teacher training is the perfect vehicle for learning the principles of the Pilates Method. It is affordable, easy to integrate into different settings, and a great way to introduce people to Pilates. At BASI we regard Pilates Mat Work as the “crown jewel” of Pilates.
The Mat Program provides a thorough education in Pilates Matwork and its infinite applications. It is also the perfect springboard to the Comprehensive Programs that we offer and recognised internationally. The Mat Program is often taught as a part of the Comprehensive Program and is the same curriculum for U.S. and international students.
This program is comprised of 24 hours of lecture, discussion, exercise practice and exercise analysis divided into six modules.
Please review our Refund Policy before registering for a program.
Program schedule is subject to postponement or cancellation, based on student enrolment
UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM, YOU WILL BE QUALIFIED TO:
– Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce them to clients and students
– Tailor comprehensive and safe Pilates mat work programs to individual and group needs
– Adapt a group mat class to different settings
– Integrate small equipment into a mat class
– Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer mat work
Find out more about the course from BASI Faculty, Ed Botha in this short video
Requirements for Certification
- Attendance of all Modules and class hours
- Observation: minimum 15 Hours (50% can be completed via Pilates Interactive)
- Student Teaching: minimum of 40 Hours
- Self- Practice: minimum of 30 Hours
Hours can be logged online from the Student Dashboard or logged on the Tracking Forms which are available on the Student Dashboard upon enrolment.
- Final Written Exam
- Final Practical Exam
- Final Teaching Evaluation
All requirements must be successfully completed within 12 months from the last day of the program. If the requirements are not completed within three years, the student will need to repeat 50% of the modules prior to submitting hours and receiving the BASI Mat Certificate. Auditing fees apply.
Tuition and Fees
- Price – $1400 USD (if payment plan is required please contact – email@example.com)
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW